Aruba Hi-Winds – GENERAL
Event: Aruba Hi-Winds 2016
Organized by: Aruba Hi-Winds Committee
Dates: July 9 – July 18, 2016
Location: Fisherman’s Huts, Malmok, Aruba
Rules: ISAF Racing Rules of Sailing for 2013 – 2016
Registration: Sunday, July 10, 08:30 Kite Freestyle event
Monday, July 11 (2 – 5 PM) for all other events
WINDSURFING: SLALOM RACES
For IFCA Championships:
Check the Notice of Race: 2016_IFCA_HiWinds_PanAmerican_NoR
* Men: All ages
* Women: All ages
* Masters: men over the age of 35 yrs. (born in 1980 or earlier) or women over the age of 30 yrs. (born in 1985 or earlier)
* GrandMasters: men over the age of 45 yrs. (born in 1970 or earlier) or women over the age of 40 yrs. (born in 1975 or earlier)
* Youth: boys or girls under the age of 20 (born in or after 1997 and not later than 2002)
* Juniors: boys or girls under the age of 17 (born in or after 2000)
* Big Kids: Under 15: born in or after 2002
* Superkids: Under 13: born in or after 2004
* New Kids: Beginners, first time racing.
* Barracudas & Guppies: For beginner kids, sail not bigger than 3.3 meters. (If you’re way too good, you’re allowed to continue in the New Kids)
WINDSURFING: LONG DISTANCE RACES
* Juniors (& Big Kids)
* King of the Huts Men, 19 yrs & up
* Prince of the Huts Juniors, 15 to 18 yrs
* Kid of the Huts Kids, under 15 yrs.
* Fish of the Huts Barracudas & Guppies
LONG DISTANCE RACES
* Hydrofoil (Open to Men, Women, Juniors, Master & Grandmasters)
* OPEN (Formerly known as MEN category) with Super Final.
* Juniors (15 to 18 yrs (incl.) (born between 2002 and 1999)
* Masters (35 yrs & up)
* Grandmasters (45 yrs & up)
SEMI-LONG DISTANCE RACES
* Kids (16 and under: born in or after 2001)
HW- DISCIPLINES & AWARDS
1. Slalom (IFCA & Non-IFCA)
2. Long Distance
3. Freestyle Competition
Long distance races
There will be awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd for each category in each discipline (1.,2. and 3.)
HW- SKIPPERS’ MEETINGS:
Kite Semi-Long Distance Races FOR JUNIORS (16&U) ONLY : Saturday July 9, 10:00 am @ Fisherman’s Huts;
Kite Freestylers: Sunday July 10, 10:00 am @ Fisherman’s Huts;
Windsurfers Slalom: Tuesday July 12, 10:00 hrs @ Fisherman’s Huts;
Long Distance Races: Friday, July 15 at 16:00 pm @ Fisherman’s Huts;
Hi-Winds REGISTRATION FEES
Fl. means Aruban Florins, AWG;
Please take into account that we do NOT accept $100 bills.
YES: you can SWIPE! Je kunt ook PINNEN!
Windsurfing Slalom IFCA Championships: please refer to Notice of Race IFCA Event
IFCA REGISTRATION HERE!
Adults: € 130/$ 145/Fl. 260; Youth & Juniors € 110 / $ 125 / Fl. 220 (Including lycra & goody bag)
Please note: Registration to the IFCA-event does not include lunches and dinners.
Therefore, there is the option of an additional fee of $ 50/Fl. 90 which includes meals as well as registration for the Windsurfing Long Distance Races (on Friday 15, Saturday, 16 and Sunday 17) as well as the Windsurfing Freestyle competition (King-, Prince- or Kid-of-the-Huts) on Saturday 16 and Sunday 17. The meals include lunches during the entire event and dinners which will be provided only at the Opening Party, Monday 11, on the Awards Evening of the IFCA-event, Friday 15, on Saturday 16 and at the Awards Ceremony, Monday 18.
Kiteboard Long Distance Races ONLY : $ 60 / Fl. 110; (including lycra, goody bag, lunches & dinners ; Extra: numbered bib $10).
Kiteboard Freestyle competition ONLY : $ 60 / Fl. 110; (including lycra, goody bag, lunches & dinners (when provided).
Kiteboard Freestyle competition AND Long Distance Races: $ 100 / Fl. 175 (Not included: a numbered bib which is mandatory for Long Distance Races, available at $10 refundable down-payment).
Freestyle competition ONLY or Semi-Long Distance Races ONLY : $ 50 / Fl. 90;
Freestyle AND Semi-Long Distance Races: $ 80 / Fl. 140 including lycra, goody bag, lunches and dinners (when provided).
Windsurfing Kids (New, Super- & Big) : $ 60 / Fl. 110 incl. Kid of the Huts Freestyle competition, lycra, goody bag, lunches and dinners (when provided)
Windsurfing Guppies & Barracudas : $ 50 / Fl. 90 incl. guppy competition, lycra, goody bag, lunches and dinners (when provided)
Windsurf Freestyle competition ONLY or Long Distance Races ONLY : $ 60 / Fl. 110 (incl. lycra and lunch on Saturday and Sunday and dinner on Friday 15 & Monday 18 at Awards Evening)
Mountain Bike Racing: $ 25 / Fl. 45
Full week’s lunches, dinners (when provided) & parties for ONLY-participants : $ 50 / Fl. 90
Non sailing Participants: $ 60 / Fl. 110 (including goody bag, lunches, dinners (on July 11, 15, 16 & 18) & parties)
HW- COMPETITION PRIZES
In addition to the prestigious Hi-Winds trophy, 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in the following categories will also receive cash prizes:
Windsurfing (Slalom) Pan-American Championships: total prize budget $ 5000
Men 1st: $ 1500; 2nd: $ 1000; 3rd: $ 750.
Best Master: $ 625;
Best Woman: $ 375
Best Youth: $ 250;
Best Junior: $ 250;
Best GrandMaster: $250
KING of the HUTS (Windsurfing Freestyle)
1st place: $ 500,-
2nd place: $ 300,-
PRINCE of the HUTS
1st place: $ 150,-
2nd place: $ 50,-
1st place: $ 500,-
2nd place: $ 300,-
3rd place: $ 200,-
Windsurfing Long Distance
* PRO/Men Masters Juniors 1st place: $ 200
1st place: $ 400,- 1st place: $ 250,- Women 1st place: $ 100
2nd place: $ 200,- 2nd place: $ 150,- GrandMasters 1st place: $ 100
3rd place: $ 100,- 3rd place: $ 100,-
Kite Long Distance:
* Hydrofoil OPEN Masters 1st place: $ 100,-
1st place: $ 300 Juniors 1st place: $ 100
2nd place: $ 150 Grandmasters 1st place: $ 100
3rd place: $ 50
1st place: $ 400
2nd place: $ 200
3rd place: $ 100
1st place: $ 200
2nd place: $ 100
3rd place: $ 50